What causes burning feet?
Do you often find yourself complaining of burning feet or feet that just feet unnaturally hot? Does the burning feet sensation happen at the end of a long day or when you’re trying to fall asleep at night? Many different causes can contribute to your burning feet:
- Athlete’s foot may be the reason you have burning feet.
- Are you diabetic? Diabetes and the resulting loss of sensation in the feet can result in nerve problems that lead to symptoms like burning feet. Other causes of neuropathy can include trauma, neuromusclar diseases, chronic alcoholism and chemotherapy.
- Hot and sweaty feet that have been trapped in shoes all day can lead to a burning feet sensation.
- If you have overly sensitive feet, you may have burning feet if your feet are rubbed the wrong way or irritated by socks or shoes.
- Erythromelalgia, a rare condition that causes blood vessels open up, can cause hot, burning feet.
There are even more reasons why you could have hot feet or burning feet, so that’s why it’s important to see your doctor or chirpodist if you experience burning feet.